1. Definition of Personal Information and Types of Personal Information We Collect
Personal Information is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual user. It also includes other information that may be associated with Personal Information. You may provide us with Personal Information when you update Profile information, use the Service, post User Content, interact with other users of the Service through communication or messaging features, or send us customer service related requests.
We collect the following types of Personal Information: Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, email addresses, social media website user account names, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of SnapnSave. Relationship Information that helps us to understand who you are and what types of offers you might like. This includes lifestyle, preference, and interest information; location information related to your province, city, or postal code; the types of offers that interest you; information collected from social media interactions (such as via Facebook Connect and Twitter); and demographic information (e.g., birth date, age, gender). Transaction Information about how you interact with the Services, such as the offers you view and redeem, other products you purchase, and the stores you prefer; other information about how you use our Services, email, other communications, and applications; and how you interact with SnapnSave’s merchants, business partners, and service providers. Location Information to help us deliver to you offers near your present location, if you have activated our Services on a mobile device and permitted your mobile device to transmit location data. Please see the Profile section under the heading “mobile” for more information on the types of Personal Information that SnapnSave may collect from the Services operating on a mobile device. Bank Account Information including bank account number, bank account holder’s name, branch code, bank name, branch account name which assists us when users cash out from their SNAPnSAVE Wallet to transfer funds via EFT Transfer to their nominated bank accounts.
3. How SnapnSave Uses Personal Information SnapnSave uses Personal Information to:
4. When and Why SnapnSave Discloses Personal Information We will not utilize any user’s personal information other than for carrying out Services as defined in Section 3 above and/or in SnapnSave Terms and Conditions. We will not share your Personal Information with any other party other than:
SnapnSave may also disclose information about You that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may provide our merchants, business partners, or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated data, statistical data, and/or anonymized data.
6. Your Choices We think that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and the kinds of offers you like. However, you can limit the information you provide to SnapnSave, and you can limit the communications that SnapnSave sends to you.
Email -/ SMS – / and Application Notifications You can manage your email, SMS, Application notification preferences by logging into SnapnSave’s Service and going to the Notifications section under My Account in the Profile menu. You may also manage your email preferences by clicking “unsubscribe” on any email communication we send you. You may choose to subscribe to some types of messages, and may choose to unsubscribe from others.
Cookies You may manage how your browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. Please note that if you disable cookies, you may be unable to access some customized features of our Services.
7. Accessing and Correcting Personal Information Keeping Personal Information about you current helps ensure that we offer you the best offers available through our merchants and business partners. You may update or correct your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your My Account under Profile through the Service. Please note that while your changes are reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics. If you want to close your account or have other questions or requests, or if you would like to access or request a correction to any other personal information we hold regarding you, please Contact Us. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In response, we will cancel or remove your information but may retain and use copies of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
8. Security of Personal Information We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of your personally identifiable information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice through the Service if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at email@example.com.
9. Privacy Settings Although we may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit access to your information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on the Service will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of information that you have posted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored such information.
10. International Visitors The Service is hosted in the South Africa and is intended for visitors located within the South Africa. If you choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from South African law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to the South Africa for storage and processing, and by providing your personally identifiable information on the Service you consent to that transfer, storage, and processing.